Master’s Degree Admission Requirements
- A conferred bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent non-U.S. Degree
- To be considered for Full Admission at Concordia University, candidates in the MA Grants Writing, Management and Evaluation program will present a cumulative grade point average above 2.85 or will have earned a master’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- To be considered for Provisional Admission to the program, candidates will present credentials that generally satisfy full admission requirements, but need to satisfy additional admission requirements such as special program prerequisites
- Note: All admission requirements must be satisfied by the end of the candidate’s first enrolled semester in the program. Provisional Admission is only available to U.S. residents and citizens
- For students to be considered for Probationary Admission, one or more of the following special conditions may exist: 1) a cumulative GPA between 2.25 and 2.84 (on a 4.0 scale); 2) holding a master’s degree with a cumulative GPA below 3.0; 3) credentials/documents that raise cause for reservation of admission. Students admitted on probationary status must earn a 3.0 GPA in graduate course work within their first semester of enrollment to continue in the program
Steps to Apply
Step 1: Application for Master’s Admission
Complete and submit application found here.
Step 2: Financial Aid and Payment Options
Apply for financial aid and/or make arrangements for payment. You will need to complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is in your best interest to complete the financial aid process as early as possible. For assistance, call Concordia University financial aid help-line at 708-209-3347. CUC’s School Code is 001666.
Step 3: Official Transcripts
Arrange for all official, sealed academic transcripts from institutions where degrees were earned to be sent to Concordia University Chicago. For transcript review questions, contact the Program Coordinator directly at (708) 888.2031 ext. 200. Any foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a Concordia approved international credentialing service, such as WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators).
Please email official electronic transcripts to:
Please mail transcripts to:
Concordia University Chicago
Office of Graduate Admission and Student Services
Addison Hall, Office 158
7400 Augusta St.
River Forest, IL 60305-1499
Step 4: Objective Statement
The Objective Statement should briefly explain your background and why you want to pursue your program. The statement should be no longer than 1 page. Please email your objective statement to Grantmgmt@cuchicago.edu or fax to (708) 777-4773.
Step 5: Letters of Recommendation
Please arrange for two letters of recommendation to be completed and returned to Concordia University Chicago. The letters may be written by anyone who can speak to your likelihood of success in your program. Please email letters of recommendation to Grantmgmt@cuchicago.edu or fax to (708) 777-4773.
Upcoming Deadlines & Start Dates:
Fall 2019 Term I:
Application Deadline: 8/12/2019
Classes Begin: 8/26/2019
Fall 2019 Term II:
Application Deadline: 10/07/2019
Classes Begin: 10/21/2019
Spring 2020 Term I:
Application Deadline: 12/30/2019
Classes Begin: 1/13/2020